starfish

Default How do I open Word? Where is the Introduction box?

I've typed an email and would like to send it. The computer, using Windows
XP, tells me I've got to fill in the introduction box before the email can be
sent. Where is the introduction box?
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Are you sure you have Word on your computer? Not all do - and these days,
most don't unless you've paid extra.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"starfish" wrote in message
I've typed an email and would like to send it. The computer, using Windows
XP, tells me I've got to fill in the introduction box before the email can
be
sent. Where is the introduction box?

Have you filled out the To: and Subject: fields in your email? These are the
ones your mail client usually warns you about. Without a recipient, the
message cannot be sent, and your mail client tries to protect you from
sending mail without a subject, which the recipient might delete unread.

"starfish" wrote in message
I've typed an email and would like to send it. The computer, using Windows
XP, tells me I've got to fill in the introduction box before the email can

be
sent. Where is the introduction box?

To send an e-mail message

1.. On the toolbar, click the Create Mail button.
2.. In the To or Cc boxes, type the e-mail name of each recipient,
separating names with a comma or a semicolon ( ; ).
To add e-mail names from the Address Book, click the book icon in the New
Message window next to To, Cc, and Bcc, and then select names.

To use the Bcc box, on the View menu, select All Headers.

3.. In the Subject box, type a message title.
4.. Type your message, and then click Send on the toolbar.
Notes

a.. If you have multiple e-mail accounts set up and you want to use one
other than your default account, click in the From box, and then click the
e-mail account you want to use.
b.. If you are composing a message offline, your message will be saved in
the Outbox. It will be sent automatically when you go back online.
c.. To save a draft of your message to work on later, on the File menu,
click Save. You can also click Save as to save an e-mail message in your
file system in e-mail (.eml), text (.txt), or HTML (.htm) format.
d.. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as
his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must
delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased
to be a great power among men.

Winston Churchill - London, England
http://www.winstonchurchill.org

"starfish" wrote in message
I've typed an email and would like to send it. The computer, using Windows
XP, tells me I've got to fill in the introduction box before the email can
be
sent. Where is the introduction box?

Attached Images

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 12:04 AM