Dawn

Default Text collapsed?

After typing a letter I hit CTRL+P to print the document, all the text in the
document collapsed to a single spot to the far left margin and for the life
of me I don't know why.

If I highlight over the pile of letters and click CTRL+] the line will
expand back to normal but the format style automaticly changes to Tahoma+14.
If I make any attempt to change the font size back down to 12 the entire
document collapses again. I can't copy it into a new doc; even with specail
paste unformatted. Now all my documents are doing it no matter what I do.

I just updated to Office 2003 and yes I've installed all available updates.
It all worked fine for more then a week before this.

I've removed all formatting; auto formatting; unchecked everybox under
options ect... HELP!!!

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Dawn,

This seems to be a bug that only comes up with certain
printers. If you have this happen see if (A)
with Word closed use Start=Search to delete all files
found using
~$*.*;*.tmp
as a search string then
(B) in Word use File=Print and change to a different printer
driver and then switch back to yours again and see if
the document is okay.

What printer are you using and what printer driver version?

=======

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

JCat_3

I've been searching for some time now for anything at all about this problem.
One of our users here intermittently has this problem of all the letters of
each line piling up at the left margin. The only solution we had discovered
was rebooting the computer. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to
when or why it happens. I will try the suggestions from Mr. Buckland.
Thanks so much for this post!