Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
casey casey is offline

Default Word 2007 documents saving as Adobe

I just installed Word 2007 on my Vista computer and when I save a word
document they save as an Adobe file. I cannot open the file unless I open
word first and then open the file. Does any one have this problem
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Given that Word cannot open Adobe files, it appears there is some screw up
in the file associations of Windows Vista. Repairing Office from the
installation disc should fix it.