Dan Kennedy

Default Letter spacing problem

I'm noticing the spacing between some letters in my documents is not really
evenly balanced.
I do not recall seeing this in Word 97. I'm now using 2000.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

thanks

TF

May be a sign that you either need to update your graphics driver or printer
driver. The printer driver is the most usual problem.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: Any suggestions much appreciated.
:
: thanks
:
:

TF

Update one (the printer) and if it doesn't work, update the other. You
should make a point of keeping your drivers up to date anyway: the
manufacturers don't keep releasing new drivers for their own good health!

Terry

"D" wrote in message
: How can I tell which one it might be?
:
:
:
: "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: ...
: May be a sign that you either need to update your graphics driver or
: printer
: driver. The printer driver is the most usual problem.
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: "Dan Kennedy" wrote in message
: ...
: : I'm noticing the spacing between some letters in my documents is not
: really
: : evenly balanced.
: : I do not recall seeing this in Word 97. I'm now using 2000.
: :
: : Any suggestions much appreciated.
: :
: : thanks
: :
: :
:
:
:
:

HI,

I haven't updated the driver yet but before I do this I thought I should
menton that I can actually see these inconsistencies in spacing on my
monitor. There not huge spaces but enough to know that the shouldn't extend
to that degree.

"D" wrote in message
[...]

TF

Word interrogates the printer driver for its parameters to work out how to
lay out a document to suit the printer. If the printer driver is corrupt or
badly written, then BOTH THE PRINTED OUTPUT AND SCREEEN DISPLAY will be
wrong. The screen will display what is printed: that's is what is meant by
Print Preview.

Terry

"D" wrote in message
: HI,
:
[...]
: "D" wrote in message
: ...
: : How can I tell which one it might be?
: :
: :
: :
: : "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: : ...
: : May be a sign that you either need to update your graphics driver or
: : printer
: : driver. The printer driver is the most usual problem.
: :
: : --
: : Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: : http://word.mvps.org/
: :
: : "Dan Kennedy" wrote in message
: : ...
: : : I'm noticing the spacing between some letters in my documents is
not
: : really
: : : evenly balanced.
: : : I do not recall seeing this in Word 97. I'm now using 2000.
: : :