Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Miss 4tune

Default recover lost spell check files?

my spell checker is not working and a error messege appears saying the files
can not be found. I have gone in to options and made sure all the settings
are correct. I have tried repair word in control panel but i am unsure if i
am doing this properly.

please help!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Have you tried "Detect & Repair" in Word's help menu? If not, please try
this first (even though I doubt this will do much).
If that doesn't work, go into Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs,
Microsoft Word (or Microsoft Office depending what you bought) and click
on Change, then pick "Add or Remove Features". On the next screen, click
"Choose advanced customization of applications". Then on the next
screen, go to Office Shared Features, Proofing Tools. That should list
all the languages for which you *can* install spell checking. If the
language you are looking for is not listed there, then you won't be able
to use spell check for it without buying the proofing tools from
Microsoft. If the language is listed there, make sure the symbol next to
it is white (run from my computer). The easiest way to do that is to
click on proofing tools and select "run all from my computer". Then just
follow the wizard.

I hope this helps,

Patrick Schmid

"Miss 4tune" Miss wrote in message
:

my spell checker is not working and a error messege appears saying the files
can not be found. I have gone in to options and made sure all the settings
are correct. I have tried repair word in control panel but i am unsure if i
am doing this properly.

please help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See http://word.mvps.org/FindHelp/Posting.htm .

If this problem occurs in only one particular document, then:
1. open the document
2. press Ctrl+A to select all of the text
3. click on Tools | Language | Set Language | choose your
language | uncheck the "Detect language automatically" and "Do
not check spelling or grammar" boxes | Default | OK
4. press F7 to rerun spellcheck
5. if you are prompted to save changes to your Normal.dot
global template, say yes.