Ellen

Default 650 page document won't spell check

Please help. I downloaded a 650 manuscript from the on-line publisher
iUniverse. I am editing my work but no matter what I do I can't get the
spellcheck to work and when I use two --'s it won't make one long dash.
Ellen the Author
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 06:59:02 -0800, "Ellen"
wrote:

Please help. I downloaded a 650 manuscript from the on-line publisher
iUniverse. I am editing my work but no matter what I do I can't get the
spellcheck to work and when I use two --'s it won't make one long dash.
Ellen the Author

You may have the wrong language applied to the text, or you may have
"do not check spelling" turned on. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/Spell-Check.htm (although it's in
the Mac section, the advice is the same for Windows versions of Word).

The conversion of hyphens to dashes is one of the AutoFormat As You
Type options (in the Tools AutoCorrect dialog). Make sure it's
turned on. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...AutoFormat.htm.

--
Regards,