Paul

Default Can't open Word documents (pre-existing or new)

I'm using MS Word 2000 - 9.0.3821 SR-1 (running under MS ME).

When I start Word, the main window never fills - I just see what ever was
there befoe, while I see and can use all the menu options. If I try a
File-New, nothing happens and I don't get any error message.

Alternatively if I try and launch Word, by double-clicking an existing Word
document icon from the Desktop or Windows Explorer, I see the title in the
title bar as if it has opened, but again the main window never fills and and
again no error messages?

I tried the obvious, of removing and reinstalling Word 2000 to no avail.

Help, please...
garfield-n-odie

Sounds like your Word window is opening off-screen. What happens
if you start Word, press Alt+W, and press A? I seem to recall
one user reporting that starting Word in safe mode (see
), closing Word, and restarting Word fixed this problem.