Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wastelandhysteria wastelandhysteria is offline

Default Change File Locations to Private Drive (not Folder)

Hi,
I know that I can use "File Locations" in "Options" so that whenever I use
the "Open..." command in Word, it will open to a specific folder. I'm
wondering if there is a way that this can be applied not to a folder but to a
specific drive on a network.
Our company has a main public drive and has also assigned each of the Staff
their own private drive. Is there a way to access the "main page" (for lack
of a better term) of my private drive each time I use "Open..." in Word?
Right now it goes to "My Computer" or to the last directory that I used
within the drive.
Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Does it not work entering the drive letter - P:\ or whatever - it's a folder
like any other.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"wastelandhysteria" wrote in
message news
Hi,
I know that I can use "File Locations" in "Options" so that whenever I use
the "Open..." command in Word, it will open to a specific folder. I'm
wondering if there is a way that this can be applied not to a folder but
to a
specific drive on a network.
Our company has a main public drive and has also assigned each of the
Staff
their own private drive. Is there a way to access the "main page" (for
lack
of a better term) of my private drive each time I use "Open..." in Word?
Right now it goes to "My Computer" or to the last directory that I used
within the drive.
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wastelandhysteria wastelandhysteria is offline

It doesn't, strangely--right now it's set to the drive name (U:\) but the
"Open" command takes me to the last folder I accessed within the U: drive.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

It is normal to do this within a Word session, but it should fall back to
your default when you restart Word. Are you saying that this doesn't happen?
That Word remembers your sub-folder across sessions?