Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ruth Ciser Ruth Ciser is offline

Default Zip code not valid in label mail merge.

I have worked with a mailmerge combination of Excel and Word label documents
for many years and have been able to add postal bar codes to my labels with
this particular combination. Whenever I replace that specific Excel
spreadsheet with a different sheet (containing identical information) I get a
"Zip Code Invalid" message on the labels. My data list contains many zip
codes beginning with zero and the only way I can record and import them
properly is to formar them as text in Excel. (Could this be part of the
problem?) I'm trying to "retire" from this particular job, and don't know
how I can pass it on to someone when the bar codes (essential for our bulk
mailings) cannot be included. HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

We don't use bar codes in my part of the world, but it is my understanding
that the bar codes produced by Word are no longer compliant with the US
postal requirements anyway. However for your immediate problem you need a
switch on the field to bring in the correct ZIP detail from Excel - see