Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nikkiLR

Default Track changes color constantly changes for individual author

A colleague of mine has her track changes set to "by author" but her own
colors change constantly as if she is a different author each time she edits
a document. She has her correct info in Tools Options User Info and has
the "remove personal info" box unchecked in Tools Options Security (saw
this suggested in another post and thought it must be the answer...sadly not).

Is there another reason that this could be happening? As I understood it
your own colors should stay the same on your own pc even if the "by author"
option is chosen. I know you can't control how a different user sees our
changes but your own display should be stable...shouldn't it?
Word version is 2003.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Nikki
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Colors seem to be more or less randomly assigned. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"nikkiLR" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nikkiLR

Thanks Stefan, I've used Shauna's site a lot - it's incredibly useful.

I do take your (and Shauna's) point about the colors being fairly randomly
assigned once multiple authors are involved but if I edit a doc it shows my
insertions/deletions in red and comments in turquoise/aqua - this is
consistent from doc to doc and from day to day.

Once further authors get involved then it does get complicated but for a
single document edited by a single user on a single machine I don't
understand why my settings are stable and my colleague's aren't.

Nikki

"nikkiLR" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

I don't understand why it happens, either. I guess we just have to
live with it...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP