Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mkraft mkraft is offline

Default Last line of footer dropped when printing

I consistently have problems with the last line of a 3-line footer not
printing even though it displays fine in print preview.

Sometimes this happens just from printing on a different computer than the
document was originally created on (i.e., on the original computer the footer
prints okay).

To correct this, I am continuously tweaking the 'distance from bottom
margin' setting by trial and error.

Is there a better way (in Word 97)?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Is it actually being displayed in Print Preview or just in Print Layout
view? Forgive me for asking, but many users confuse them. If it's displayed
in Print Preview but not printing, I have no solution, but if you see it in
Print Layout view but not in Preview, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm

"mkraft" wrote in message
I consistently have problems with the last line of a 3-line footer not
printing even though it displays fine in print preview.

Sometimes this happens just from printing on a different computer than the
document was originally created on (i.e., on the original computer the

footer
prints okay).

To correct this, I am continuously tweaking the 'distance from bottom
margin' setting by trial and error.

Is there a better way (in Word 97)?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Trevor Bloomer Trevor Bloomer is offline

Try adding an extra, blank line after your last typed one, then close
footer.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Is it actually being displayed in Print Preview or just in Print Layout
view? Forgive me for asking, but many users confuse them. If it's
displayed
in Print Preview but not printing, I have no solution, but if you see it
in
Print Layout view but not in Preview, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm

so
all may benefit.

"mkraft" wrote in message
I consistently have problems with the last line of a 3-line footer not
printing even though it displays fine in print preview.

Sometimes this happens just from printing on a different computer than
the
document was originally created on (i.e., on the original computer the

footer
prints okay).

To correct this, I am continuously tweaking the 'distance from bottom
margin' setting by trial and error.

Is there a better way (in Word 97)?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Or just increase the footer margin?

"Trevor Bloomer" wrote in message
Try adding an extra, blank line after your last typed one, then close
footer.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Is it actually being displayed in Print Preview or just in Print Layout
view? Forgive me for asking, but many users confuse them. If it's
displayed
in Print Preview but not printing, I have no solution, but if you see it
in
Print Layout view but not in Preview, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"mkraft" wrote in message
I consistently have problems with the last line of a 3-line footer not
printing even though it displays fine in print preview.

Sometimes this happens just from printing on a different computer than
the
document was originally created on (i.e., on the original computer the

footer
prints okay).

To correct this, I am continuously tweaking the 'distance from bottom
margin' setting by trial and error.

Is there a better way (in Word 97)?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mkraft mkraft is offline

Is it actually being displayed in Print Preview or just in Print Layout
view?

Is 'Print Layout' something that was added after WORD 97? I'm not familiar
with it. I was referring to 'Print Preview' (the WYSISYG preview screen).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mkraft mkraft is offline

Try adding an extra, blank line after your last typed one, then close
footer.

Yes I've tried that. Usually that does work, but it also drives the footer
up the page (more than I like). Even tightening the 'line spacing' for the
blank line doesn't change that much.

I guess this may be a inconsistency in Word's own calculations of spacing in
the footer. I've noticed similar variations in the relative position of two
different tables on the front and back of the same page -- i.e., their
horizontal positions relative to one another change slightly from one print
job to the next.

Or possibly the printers I'm printing on are out of adjustment. However, I
haven't noticed anything else happening that would suggest that.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Print Layout view is the Word 2000+ name for Page Layout view in older
versions. My guess is that your problem is that the footer margin needs to
be increased a bit; see