Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John Craig John Craig is offline

Default Footer and header frustration

I converted a Word 2003 newsletter to 2007. It has a even/odd header/footer
setup that is working just fine.

Now I'm trying to add a title page with no header or footer. I do a new
page section break. In some of my experiments I've been able to successfully
unlink the header in the first section from the header in the second so I can
clear it out. But I have NEVER been able to remove the section one footer
without causing the section two footer disappear (at least the odd page
footer).

Just can't seem to get past this. Not sure if it is time to reinstall word
2003 and wait for Word 2007 SP1 :-)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Rather than going about this the way that you are, you should replace the
Section Break with a Hard Page Break and then on the Layout Tab of the Page
Setup dialog, check the box for Different First Page.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"John Craig" John wrote in message
I converted a Word 2003 newsletter to 2007. It has a even/odd
header/footer
setup that is working just fine.

Now I'm trying to add a title page with no header or footer. I do a new
page section break. In some of my experiments I've been able to
successfully
unlink the header in the first section from the header in the second so I
can
clear it out. But I have NEVER been able to remove the section one footer
without causing the section two footer disappear (at least the odd page
footer).

Just can't seem to get past this. Not sure if it is time to reinstall
word
2003 and wait for Word 2007 SP1 :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you have a Section Break after the second page you should be able to do
what you want, but make sure in that case that you do not have the different
first page option set for the second section. It sounds like that is the
way that if might be and that you do not actually have anything set up in
the footer for the first page of that section.