Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Heather C.[_2_] Heather C.[_2_] is offline

Default Change border's appearance (Word 2007)?

Hi! I am working in Word 2007.

I have a document that has a square border (on every page).

Is there a way to change the bent corners (that create the square) to
rounded corners (for a different look)?

As always, thank you to everyone for help and input.

Heather
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

This isn't an option in the Borders dialog box. If you want rounded corners
then you can remove the page border you currently have and manually add a
rounded rectangle in the header/footer. Here's the steps if you need them:

- Right-click the Header area and click Edit Header
- On the Insert tab, click Shapes
- Find the Rounded Rectangle in the Basic Shapes section
- Adjust your Zoom using the Zoom Slider in the lower right corner if you
want to see the entire page
- Draw the Rectangle around the page, adujst the size and position if
necessary
- On the Design tab of the Header and Footer contextual tools, click Close
Header and Footer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Heather C." wrote in message
Hi! I am working in Word 2007.

I have a document that has a square border (on every page).

Is there a way to change the bent corners (that create the square) to
rounded corners (for a different look)?

As always, thank you to everyone for help and input.

Heather

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Heather C.[_2_] Heather C.[_2_] is offline

Beth,
This is awesome -- thank you so much! I responded to Herb as well and posed
one additional question. So that I do not again duplicate questions, can you
look at that post, too?

Heather