Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jeroen Elias Jeroen Elias is offline

Default How to reduce bottom margin when printing HTML in Word

Hello,

We have an intranet application running which produces HTML when a link is
clicked by a user and gives that to the IE browser using custom headers
(ContentType=application/msword)
This way, the browser loads MS Word and presents the content. Until here,
all works fine.

In this HTML we set the BODY style to "margin-left: -60pt". This way the
table is placed more to the left on the page than using default margins.
The page contains a large table (at least 100 rows), which is split by MS
Word at every page break.
When the user starts to printout the "document", the bottom margin is too
large for our purpose.
We have tried using the "margin-bottom: -60pt" style to the body, to no
avail.

Has anyone out here had a similar problem and if so, how can I get this
working?

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen Elias

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Jeroen

Jeroen Elias wrote:
We have an intranet application running which produces HTML when a link is
clicked by a user and gives that to the IE browser using custom headers
(ContentType=application/msword)
This way, the browser loads MS Word and presents the content. Until here,
all works fine.

Any particular reason why you're not serving the HTML in the browser itself?

In this HTML we set the BODY style to "margin-left: -60pt". This way the
table is placed more to the left on the page than using default margins.
The page contains a large table (at least 100 rows), which is split by MS
Word at every page break.
When the user starts to printout the "document", the bottom margin is too
large for our purpose.
We have tried using the "margin-bottom: -60pt" style to the body, to no
avail.

I don't think this will help. Word will translate the margin-left into a
(negative) paragraph indent. But a paragraph cannot have a negative
lower or upper indent. For that, page margins are relevant in Word. And
HTML, alas, has no "page" ...

I'd investigate what template is used when the document is served. Look
at Tools | Templates and Add-Ins. If it's Normal.dot, you could
technically try changing the page margins there. Though I'm not sure
this is enough to fiddle with each users' copy.

..2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS