#1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
external usenet poster

Default Lines and Wrapping

Hi Folks - I have a document that is driven by ASK/REF fields. In one area, I am having a difficult time forcing the text into a certain area. For instance I have something that looks like this:

XXXX

YYYYY

ZZZZZZZZZ

The lines are graphic lines. They do not move with the text. My problem arises when the XXXX REF data in so long that it wraps to the next line. This forces all other lines to "go down one line", which forces ZZZZZ down, etc. Is there anyway to to wrap the multi-line XXXX area without forcing another paragraph mark? Thanks for your help.

--
Michael
  #2   Report Post  
external usenet poster

Have the lines as a graphic that you put behind the text.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Michael" wrote in message ...
Hi Folks - I have a document that is driven by ASK/REF fields. In one area, I am having a difficult time forcing the text into a certain area. For instance I have something that looks like this:

XXXX

YYYYY

ZZZZZZZZZ

The lines are graphic lines. They do not move with the text. My problem arises when the XXXX REF data in so long that it wraps to the next line. This forces all other lines to "go down one line", which forces ZZZZZ down, etc. Is there anyway to to wrap the multi-line XXXX area without forcing another paragraph mark? Thanks for your help.

--
Michael
  #3   Report Post  
external usenet poster

Doug - Thanks for the reply. I don't think I clarified my situation enough. When XXXX wraps, a new paragraph line is created. The graphic lines do NOT move, but the ZZZZ text does. Is there anyway to prevent the ZZZZ text from moving down one line when either XXXX or YYYY is multi-line? Thanks.

Michael

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in message ...

--
Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

XXXX

YYYYY

ZZZZZZZZZ

--
Michael
  #4   Report Post  
external usenet poster

You need to be setting this up inside the cells of a borderless table that has fixed row heights.

--
Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Doug - Thanks for the reply. I don't think I clarified my situation enough. When XXXX wraps, a new paragraph line is created. The graphic lines do NOT move, but the ZZZZ text does. Is there anyway to prevent the ZZZZ text from moving down one line when either XXXX or YYYY is multi-line? Thanks.

Michael

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in message ...

--
Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

XXXX

YYYYY

ZZZZZZZZZ

--
Michael