Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tony Tony is offline

Default Form Field

In Word 2003, I used to be able to create Form Fields. I can not find in
Word 2007. Is a lost feature or, am I missing something?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc[_2_] Luc[_2_] is offline

Tony,
The form controls still exist, but only to provide for legacy documents. Now
you have something called content controls, much more powerful and
versatile.
If you want to use the old field controls, activate the developer tab
(Office-button, Word Options, Popular tab, click show developer tab. In the
developer tab, second group, there is a button called legacy controls. You
will find them there.

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
In Word 2003, I used to be able to create Form Fields. I can not find in
Word 2007. Is a lost feature or, am I missing something?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Click the Office button Word Options, and check the option to show the
Developer tab on the ribbon.

The form fields are on the dropdown from the Legacy Controls button on the
Developer tab. The Protect Document button is further to the right on the
same tab.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman