Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Norm75 Norm75 is offline

Default Word Doc in Website

A friend of mine has a word document in his website which clients complete
and submit. For example: Name: ____ etc. He doesn't know how the web
designer did it so is no help.

I want to put a similar form on a website so volunteers who are working on
projects can complete their reports on line and submit. The responses may be
anything from a single word to a short paragraph in sections of the document.

Do I save the doc as an html document? I am using Word in Office XP. I have
noticed that as I type on my friend's document a greyed area seems to "push"
along with the cursor. It seems to be quite different from the usual form
with it's boxes, etc.

When the submit button is pressed, does it go by e-mail to the host or what
format is sent.

As you can see I am quite new to this part of WORD, so any help will be
greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Norm.