Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ditcher

Default How do I turn every = into a ' again?

Hi! I recently installed Word 2003 on my mom's laptop because she's been
writing alot. For some reason, her story is fine on her desktop, but when
opened on the laptop, ever apostrophe has been changed into an equals sign,
and there are various other symbols such as @ at the ends of sentences. I
tried everything I can think of, Is it a formatting problem, font problem, or
whatever. If anyone can help, please respond, or send me an email to
.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The document probably originate in WordPerfect and uses the WP Typographic
Symbols font for these characters. As long as you're on a computer that has
this font installed, you're fine; when you move to one that doesn't, you're
stuck with using Find and Replace (which is a good thing, as the WP quotes
are really ugly).

"Ditcher" wrote in message
Hi! I recently installed Word 2003 on my mom's laptop because she's been
writing alot. For some reason, her story is fine on her desktop, but when
opened on the laptop, ever apostrophe has been changed into an equals

sign,
and there are various other symbols such as @ at the ends of sentences. I
tried everything I can think of, Is it a formatting problem, font problem,

or
whatever. If anyone can help, please respond, or send me an email to
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ditcher

Thankyou so much! You helped me out immensely!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad I could help.