Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MB MB is offline

Default Inserting Excel Spreadsheet as an Object

Hello experts,

In the Purchasing Manual we are creating, we need to insert forms that were
made in Excel. One in particular is a travel expense form. It's not very
large, but it appears in my documents as very large (goes beyond the margins
in my document) and not all of the cells appear. That last three or four
rows are not included. In Excel, I made sure the set print area was correct
and even adjusted the scaling to 60%.

I inserted the spreadsheet as an object and linked it (it must be linked).
What am I doing wrong? Why isn't the entire form being inserted? (I'm
getting frustrated!)

Thank you so much for your help. By the way, I'm using Word and Excel 2003.
--
MB
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi MB

MB wrote:
In the Purchasing Manual we are creating, we need to insert forms that were
made in Excel. One in particular is a travel expense form. It's not very
large, but it appears in my documents as very large (goes beyond the margins
in my document) and not all of the cells appear. That last three or four
rows are not included. In Excel, I made sure the set print area was correct
and even adjusted the scaling to 60%.

I inserted the spreadsheet as an object and linked it (it must be linked).
What am I doing wrong? Why isn't the entire form being inserted? (I'm
getting frustrated!)

I have yet to find a workable Word document containing linked OLE
objects. It seems Word always wants to create a copy of the dang thing.

"Manual" and "form" are a rather interesting combination. If you tell us
a bit about the background (why do you need the latter in the former in
the first place), one might point you to a different solution.

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS