Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kalynne Kalynne is offline

Default Inserting Fields in Word

I am creating a Quote Form to be used by our salespeople. I have added a
date field and that seems to be working. I am having problems adding a Quote
Number field that auto-generates with every new document created. Can someone
plase help me?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean-Guy Marcil Jean-Guy Marcil is offline

Kalynne was telling us:
Kalynne nous racontait que :

I am creating a Quote Form to be used by our salespeople. I have
added a date field and that seems to be working. I am having problems
adding a Quote Number field that auto-generates with every new
document created. Can someone plase help me?

See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm

--

Salut!
_______________________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kalynne Kalynne is offline

Thank you for the link! What is a macro? I tried that option and it looks
like programming? It offered "AutoExec" but not AutoNew. I have never used
macros before.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Kalynne was telling us:
Kalynne nous racontait que :

I am creating a Quote Form to be used by our salespeople. I have
added a date field and that seems to be working. I am having problems
adding a Quote Number field that auto-generates with every new
document created. Can someone plase help me?

See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm

--

Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Kalynne wrote:
Thank you for the link! What is a macro? I tried that option and it
looks like programming? It offered "AutoExec" but not AutoNew. I have
never used macros before.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Kalynne was telling us:
Kalynne nous racontait que :

I am creating a Quote Form to be used by our salespeople. I have
added a date field and that seems to be working. I am having
problems adding a Quote Number field that auto-generates with every
new document created. Can someone plase help me?

See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm

--

Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean-Guy Marcil Jean-Guy Marcil is offline

Kalynne was telling us:
Kalynne nous racontait que :

Thank you for the link! What is a macro? I tried that option and it
looks like programming? It offered "AutoExec" but not AutoNew. I have
never used macros before.

Well, I believe that only through macros will you be able to achieve your
goal.

If that goal is really important, you will have to learn to use macros.
Unfortunately for you, as a first project, this is not the easiest one...

See the Beginner's tip section of
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/index.htm
for a background on macros and to get you started with macros in general.

--

Salut!
_______________________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Kalynne" wrote in message
Thank you for the link! What is a macro? I tried that option and it looks
like programming? It offered "AutoExec" but not AutoNew. I have never used
macros before.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Kalynne was telling us:
Kalynne nous racontait que :

I am creating a Quote Form to be used by our salespeople. I have
added a date field and that seems to be working. I am having problems
adding a Quote Number field that auto-generates with every new
document created. Can someone plase help me?

See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm

--

Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kalynne Kalynne is offline

Thank you all for your help! I will try to learn about this over the weekend.
It would really help our company, so its worth the time. Again, thank you
for helping me understand what needs to be done to accomplish this task and
for being so quick about it

"Kalynne" wrote in message
Thank you for the link! What is a macro? I tried that option and it looks
like programming? It offered "AutoExec" but not AutoNew. I have never used
macros before.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Kalynne was telling us:
Kalynne nous racontait que :