Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bev Bev is offline

Default Safely Uninstall Word 2007

Is it safe to simply use the Control Panel to uninstall Word 2007?

I like Word 2007 not. MY productivity has crashed. My clients expect quick
turnaround on their work, but operations now take me twice as long.

Trying to use it is eating into my time with my family. I have to make two
or more mouse clicks to attain functios I used to with a single click.
Ribbons disappear when I need them, just because I move the cursor outside
some region in the document. I cannot create custom toolbars to remain in
sight at all times. I can't insert formatting and other functions into the
toolbars in a logical position. I cannot dock toolbars to the side or the
bottom, or have them float I am forced to add operations to this "quick
access" toolbar...which now holds everything possible because I need the
operations handy. I even bought the addin tool to give me back my menus and
such, but my ability to keep my work on pace has been eroded considerably.

I just want to remove Word 2007 forever and go back to Word 97 if I have to.
Can I do it safely or has Microsoft made Word 2007 a cancer on my machine?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kacey Kacey is offline

I don't have an answer, dear heart, but I SO agree with you. I have been
very frustrated and just avoided doing things I would do in my sleep with
earlier versions. I hate 2007. If only there was a workaround to get an old
menu bar back.
Best of luck... hope someone has a great suggestion for us that doesn't
involve "get used to it, work with it" .... I've been using since January and
it hasn't gotten better.
Kacey
--
Kacey

"Bev" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bev Bev is offline

I keep reading that Word users asked for this. My conclusion: Those Word
users are insane and "Be careful how you ask for something or there's no
telling what you get." I think now I know what George Orr went through in
The Lathe of Heaven.

I pray I can uninstall Word 2007 and get back to being productive. I almost
broke down and cried last night struggling with Word 2007. I don't want to
be the supporter of a company that will impose such difficulties on its
customers.

I also hear around he "Shut up and get used to it." Which merely shuts
up those who are struggling and imposes a chill on what they really need. If
no one complains, Microsoft will think it's doing its customers a service. I
think not. Thus, I complain, maybe a small voice, but I know there are far
too many others struggling to keep competitive in their livelihood. Word
2007 has set me back.

If MS won't consider Word 2007 a bad idea like its DOS 4.0, then I'll keep
my eyes on Google Office. I think Google will take a lesson in this mess and
avoid it.

"Bev" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can uninstall Office 2007 and re-install Word 97, if that is what you
want to do.
You could even have both versions loaded, to get you over the transition -
see http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm (though note that Word
97 is Word 8.0 - the article uses Word 2003 as an example. Word 2003 is Word
11.0)
The only problems you might encounter will occur is if you upgraded an early
version of Outlook to Outlook 2007, which uses a different file format. The
older version will not be able to read the newly converted data file. Word
2007 is however streets ahead of what went before.

Bev wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bev Bev is offline

Reinstalling is not what I want to do. It is what I HAVE to do. There will
be no transition to Word 2007. The attempt has been made. My productivity
has crashed and I cannot see that using three mouseclicks instead of one to
carry out an operation will make me more productive. That's sheer
delusional.

Anyone wanna buy a copy of Word 2007 cheap? Professioal wordsmiths, beware,
however. It's not a program you want to live in all day long. I've tried it
for several weeks now and am suffering for it. So is my family as I have to
take up twice as much time to create a doc-compatible document for my clients
than I used to. Word 2007 is cutting into my family time and my profits.

I'm going back to an earlier version until Google Office comes around.