SteveK

Default Referring to other headings

I want to include text that says "See Section 6.1", where 6.1 is the number
of a heading for the section.

In other words I have all my references documents in "6.1 Reference
Documents" I want the text to say "See Section 6.1". I suspect that there
is a way to do this so that if I add a section to the document making 6.1
become 7.1 that the text will change automatically to "See Section 7.1".

SteveK

TF

Steve

Check out the Insert, Reference, Cross Reference tool. Cross Reference to
the appropriate heading and limit it to display the heading number and not
heading the text. If the heading updates, then the cross reference will
update too.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/