Dan Stowe

Default Acrobat inserts random characters

A user I support has a problem when converting Word documents to pdf format.
Pairs of duplicate capital letters are randomly inserted in the document that
don't appear in the original Word document (for example CC or UU). She is
running Acrobat 6.02 Standard, Office 2000 SP3, and Windows NT4 SP6a. Has
anybody seen this before? I haven't found anything on Adobe's site or
anywhere else on the net.
Dan Stowe

I ended up upgrading the user to Windows 2000. The problem hasn't recurred
since, so it must have been one of those interesting compatibility quirks in
NT that 2000 fixed.

"Jezebel" wrote:

It might be the font you've used. Make a copy of the document and try
converting it entirely to another font, then convert to PDF. Don't worry
about re-formatting -- just check if the problem is still present.