Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jess jess is offline

Default Field Code : bookmark

I want to get a bookmark value that is from same document. However, the value
is in a table cell. If I use field code, e.g. {USERNAME}, a table cell with a
value will be get.
How can I get the it without table format only??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you want to cross reference only the *content* of a table cell then
bookmark only the content that you want to cross reference. However the
{UserName} field is a system field and has no relevance whatsoever to
tables. If you want to cross reference a bookmarked item called UserName
then you would need to indicate to the Word that it is a cross reference and
not the system field thus {REF UserName}

"Jess" wrote in message
I want to get a bookmark value that is from same document. However, the
value
is in a table cell. If I use field code, e.g. {USERNAME}, a table cell
with a
value will be get.
How can I get the it without table format only??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you want to cross reference only the *content* of a table cell then
bookmark only the content that you want to cross reference.

There is one advantage to bookmarking an entire cell, though: you cannot delete the bookmark by mistake, which might happen when it encloses text in the cell.

For numeric contents, you can use a numeric picture switch, for example { REF bookmark_name \# "0" }, to prevent Word from cross-referencing the entire cell.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP