Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
christy christy is offline

Default Paragraph Formating from the Web.

I pasted text from a website into a word doc. and now all of my work
documents are opening with the ¶ symbol at each line.
I've tried clicking on the toolbar button (or anything else) that has that
symbol to get rid of it but it's not working. I don't want to convert to
proper paragraphs just get rid of the symbols.
I really appreciate your help.
Christy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

See:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Christy" wrote:

I pasted text from a website into a word doc. and now all of my work
documents are opening with the ¶ symbol at each line.
I've tried clicking on the toolbar button (or anything else) that has that
symbol to get rid of it but it's not working. I don't want to convert to
proper paragraphs just get rid of the symbols.
I really appreciate your help.
Christy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You may have "Show paragraph marks" checked in your Display Options;
that set of checkboxes isn't overridden by the Show Non-Printing
Characters buttion you tried.