Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kimberly Kimberly is offline

Default Reviewer names not showing up

We are making changes in a document and everyone's changes are showing up as
"author". Does anyone know what we are doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The user name that appears in a tracked change is determined by the value in
the "Name" field in Tools Options User Information tab (in case of Word
2007: Office button Word Options Popular category) at the time when the
change is made. Changing the name will not affect existing changes but the
new name will be applied to new changes made by the user.

But if a user who saves the document has the option "Remove personal
information from file properties on save" (Word 2003) / "Remove personal
information from file properties on save" (Word 2007) _turned on_ the names
in tracked changes will be made "neutral". That may be what has happened.
Where to find the option:

Word 2003:
Tools Options Security tab "Remove personal information from file
properties on save"

Word 2007:
Office Button Word Options Trust Center category Trust Center Settings
Privacy Options category "Remove personal information from file

properties on save".

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)