Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SteelStud SteelStud is offline

Default setting letterhead graphics in the background.

My problem is with Office 2003.

I created a letterhead for my company in Publisher, but in order for
everyone to use it, it has to be converted to a Word Template (I am the only
one with Publisher in the office.)

According to everything I read, there is no direct way to convert a
Publisher document to a Word Document. SO I selected the Letterhead section
in the Publisher document, pasted into a Word template, set my margins and
whatnot, and got it all to look right. Until I tried to use the template to
create a new document.

The letterhead is pasted along the left border of the page, with the left
margin set in at 2". The problem is that whenever I type anything into the
document and hit enter, the letterhead follows the cursor down the page, and
eventually with a long document, would scroll right off. I tried sending the
letterhead to the back, but that did not work. I tried setting a text box to
the right inside the margins, and that sort of worked - but some wizards
(particularly the Letter Wizard) do not appear to run in a text box.

So my problem is how do I set that left border as a separate entity from the
rest of the document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Put the graphic in the first page header view and set the wrap layout
property to square and on the right side only. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm