kelbrad7

Default More info on transferring autotext and autocomplete needed.

I just bought a new computer and need to transfer all of my autotext and
autocomplete to the new one. I am operating on Office XP Professional. I
read the other links, and downloaded the autocorrect.zip file, but I don't
know what to do with it. Could you please give me more of a step-by-step on
how to save autocomplete and autotext from my old computer and step-by-step
directions on how to get it into word on my new computer? Thanks!
Askme

Hi,
Go to the following site and download the autocorrect template and place it
on the desktop.
http://word.mvps.org/Downloads/index.htm
Extract the template to the desktop and double click on it.
When prompted to enable macros, click yes. On the auto correct tool bar
click start.
It will create a word file. Save it on the desktop.
Copy both the files template and the word doc on to the desktop of new
computer.
double click on the template. click on the rretore button on the auto
correct tool bar and seclect the word doc when prompted. click OK/yes this
will restore the entries to the new computer.

Hope this Helps!!!!

- Ravi Kanth.