Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jkingBoise jkingBoise is offline

Default Can't print addressee onto envelope

Using Word 2007: The help file says "Create and print or save an
evelope" to do the following. 1. On the Mailings tab, in the Create
group, click Envelopes. 2. In the Delivery address box, type the
mailing address. My problem is that NO DELIVERY ADDRESS BOX APPEARS.
Instead I get the Envelopes Option box. How do I get the Delivery
address box?

John King

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

This should not be happening. Is the Envelope Options dialog opening on top
of the Envelopes and Labels dialog? That is, can you close the Options
dialog and get to the Envelopes?

http://word.mvps.org

"jkingBoise" wrote in message
Using Word 2007: The help file says "Create and print or save an
evelope" to do the following. 1. On the Mailings tab, in the Create
group, click Envelopes. 2. In the Delivery address box, type the
mailing address. My problem is that NO DELIVERY ADDRESS BOX APPEARS.
Instead I get the Envelopes Option box. How do I get the Delivery
address box?

John King

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Okrunner Okrunner is offline

I'm new user and can't seem to start my own thread so I'm joining this one
for a quick question. I'm using Office 2007 and just this week my Word
program stopped printing envelopes correctly. I have used Office programs
for over 10 years and never saw this. When I type the address in Word,
highlight it and click on mailings, then envelope, only the first line
appears in the address frame. It worked fine last week and now not. I don't
remember changing anything except the envelope size back and forth for
different correspondence. Any idea of what I may have done or how to fix
what's wrong?
--
Retired Enginner

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This should not be happening. Is the Envelope Options dialog opening on top
of the Envelopes and Labels dialog? That is, can you close the Options
dialog and get to the Envelopes?

http://word.mvps.org

"jkingBoise" wrote in message
Using Word 2007: The help file says "Create and print or save an
evelope" to do the following. 1. On the Mailings tab, in the Create
group, click Envelopes. 2. In the Delivery address box, type the
mailing address. My problem is that NO DELIVERY ADDRESS BOX APPEARS.
Instead I get the Envelopes Option box. How do I get the Delivery
address box?

John King

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Are the lines of the address ended with paragraph breaks (the Enter key) and
not line breaks (Shift+Enter)?

There is no need to highlight the address. When you open the Envelope
Wizard, Word automatically searches towards the top of the document (in the
normal position for the delivery address) for a series of short, consecutive
paragraphs and assumes that it is the address. It AutoFills the Delivery
Address with those short paragraphs it finds. The Return Address (if you use
it) is AutoFilled from the details you have entered in Word Options,
Advanced, General Section, Mailing Address.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP