Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
the great scott the great scott is offline

Default daily-weekly calendar

I want a calendar that shows : today's date, day of week and appointments.
I want to use it as my homepage, so I see it first thing in the morning and
don't forget what I need to do. Since retirement My days get mixed up.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I wouldn't recommend trying to use Word for this. While you can get
templates for printing daily calendars, they're meant for *printing*.
To get a "home page" that appears in a browser, you'd have to save
each day's calendar as an HTML file with the correct path and name,
and repeat that every day.

Instead, try the free online service at
http://www.keepandshare.com/htm/cale..._calendars.php.
(I haven't tried it myself, it's just a suggestion from a number of
possibilities found at
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...pointment+book.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 12:45:01 -0800, the great scott the great
wrote:

I want a calendar that shows : today's date, day of week and appointments.
I want to use it as my homepage, so I see it first thing in the morning and
don't forget what I need to do. Since retirement My days get mixed up.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Make Google Calendar your Home Page in your web browser and set Windows to
launch your browser when you start up. You'll see all your appointments
first thing then.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"the great scott" the great wrote in
message ...
I want a calendar that shows : today's date, day of week and appointments.
I want to use it as my homepage, so I see it first thing in the morning
and
don't forget what I need to do. Since retirement My days get mixed up.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] wolf_tracks@invalid.com is offline

On 2/27/2010 3:58 PM, Terry Farrell wrote:
Make Google Calendar your Home Page in your web browser and set Windows
to launch your browser when you start up. You'll see all your
appointments first thing then.

Doesn't Outlook make calendars?

From the outlook NG this post:

The only solution that would meet all of your listed requirements is a
MS Office addin called Wincalendar.
It renders your Outlook Calendar as native Word -or- Excel formats
(with full text wrap-
ping :-). Once in Word / Excel format you can further edit like any
xls / doc file.

For screen shots and more info see:
http://www.wincalendar.com/calendar-maker.html

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

The poster has asked for 'Home Page', which suggests a browser to me. So
using Google Calendar as a home page sounds good to me because it is
available to everyone.

Although this was posted in a Word forum, the poster may not even have that
installed, let alone any other apps from Office. Who knows?

Terry

wrote in message
On 2/27/2010 3:58 PM, Terry Farrell wrote:
Make Google Calendar your Home Page in your web browser and set Windows
to launch your browser when you start up. You'll see all your
appointments first thing then.

Doesn't Outlook make calendars?

From the outlook NG this post:

The only solution that would meet all of your listed requirements is a
MS Office addin called Wincalendar.
It renders your Outlook Calendar as native Word -or- Excel formats
(with full text wrap-
ping :-). Once in Word / Excel format you can further edit like any
xls / doc file.

For screen shots and more info see:
http://www.wincalendar.com/calendar-maker.html

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Twayne[_2_] Twayne[_2_] is offline

In ,
the great scott the great typed:
I want a calendar that shows : today's date, day of week and
appointments. I want to use it as my homepage, so I see it first
thing in the morning and don't forget what I need to do. Since
retirement My days get mixed up.

I think the suggestion to go to Google for that is a good one. Yahoo also
has a similar thing you can use. They're free so all you have to do is sign
up for them. Then of course, you can make them public to let other people
see them if you wish. Or not.

There are a number of 3rd party programs that will also do what you want.
You could try a google search on PIM or personal informaiton
manager and see what comes up. Beware sites you've never heard of;
stay with mainstream names if you can, or even ask here for suggestions
about what other people use.

If what you want is something more private and it doesn't have to be onthe
internet, then Outlook, which is part of Microsoft Office, has all you want
and more. Assuming you have Outlook installed, that is. I like it because
it'll notify you of things x days or hours in advance of an appt, in
addition to the actual appt. The Journal is quite handy too.

In my case I use Outlook's (not Outlook Express; different) calendar,
journal and notes system along with the various calendar displays as my
boot-page.

If you'd like something fast and less obtrusive, there is a program called
Kana Reminder that I use to keep track of meetings and medication schedules,
doctor appts, client appts, etc. etc. etc.. It's most useful and requires
the least work with recurring appts but it works fine for future dates or
even setting something for x hours from "now". I even replaced the standard
alert notifications with voice messages stating precise details that go
along with the date/time programmed.
Kana Reminder can be downloaded from:
http://www.kanasolution.com/index.php?fid=11&pid=2
It's free, fast, very small memory use, and lots of other functions.
IT'll even run programs at startup and shut down for you. You can pop it up
when windows starts or any time you want. It is NOT a calendar display
though; if you need that, one of the other solutions would be better. Mine
loads when windows starts, but I don't see anything of it until something
comes due.

HTH,

Twayne

Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a
part of the moral tissue.