Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tia luxon tia luxon is offline

Default help!!!

microsoft word isnt letting me make changes to an already saved document,
when i go to type, the toolbar at the bottom of the screen says "this
modification is not allowed because the selection is locked" it wont even let
me open a fresh new document, it says the same thing when i go to type on a
blank document. how do i fix this????
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It sounds like you are probably using a trial version of the software that
has now expired or you have not activated your copy of the software?
If so, see:
http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/faq.aspx

--
Hope this helps.