Series of tables

Default insert a table bwtween a series of tables

I am working on a series of tables someone created in Word 2000. These tables
are seen connected end-to-end, running through 10 pages, but each table is
independent. That means I can select just one table and delete it if I want.
However, it does not allow me to insert a new table. What I inserted bwteen
these tables becomes just a part of one of the tables already exist. If I use
the "split table" after I insert some blank rows, the command ends up with a
page break, with the new table on the next page. But I want an independent
tabel to be inserted between the series of tables, running continuously over
the pages. How could I do that?
Margaret Aldis

Turn on the display of paragraph marks (Click the Show/Hide button). You'll
see that there is a blank paragraph (possible set very tiny) between each
table. To get the inserted table in between two tables you'll need to insert
one extra paragraph, and insert the new table between the two.

The page breaking is probably caused by having rows set not to split across
pages. Why not copy one of the tables that is working, edit it down to a
couple of blank rows, and save that as an AutoText (you could include the
extra blank paragraph). Then you should be able to add a matching table by
inserting the AutoText. (You can customize you toolbars to add a button to
make it really easy).

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Series of tables" Series of wrote in