Pam Coleman

Default freeze headers in a table

Is there a way to freeze the heading row in my table. I know in Excel under
the Window menu you can freeze a row and be able to view your headings as you
work down the page. Can this be done in word on a Table? I know you can
repeat the heading, buy I would like to view it as I work down the table.
Thanks,
Jay Freedman

Pam Coleman wrote:
Is there a way to freeze the heading row in my table. I know in
Excel under the Window menu you can freeze a row and be able to view
your headings as you work down the page. Can this be done in word on
a Table? I know you can repeat the heading, buy I would like to view
it as I work down the table. Thanks,

No, Word can't do that. What you can do is use the window splitter (either
click Window Split or grab the tiny handle at the top of the vertical
scroll bar and drag it downward). This gives you two independently
scrollable panes of the same document. You can have the table's heading rows
in the top pane and the rest of the table in the bottom pane.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman