Tlar

Default drop down list

Is it possible to allow a user to select multiple items from a drop down
list? If so, how? ie, Allow people to select red, blue and yellow from a
list of 8 colors.
Thanks T
Doug Robbins

No, not from a DropDown list. If you are using a userform with a ListBox
however, then it is possible.

See the article "How to find out which Items are selected in a Multi-Select
ListBox" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/...lectValues.htm

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Tlar" wrote in message
Is it possible to allow a user to select multiple items from a drop down
list? If so, how? ie, Allow people to select red, blue and yellow from a
list of 8 colors.
Thanks T

Doug Robbins

Creating the Listbox is easy, you select if from the range of controls that
are available when you are creating the user form. How you get the items in
the list is the question. If there are just a few items and they do not
change, in the Initialize event of the user form, you can use

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
With ListBox1
.AddItem "Red"
.AddItem "Blue"
.AddItem "Green"
'etc for all of your colours
End With
End Sub

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Doug Robbins" wrote:

No, not from a DropDown list. If you are using a userform with a ListBox
however, then it is possible.

See the article "How to find out which Items are selected in a
Multi-Select
ListBox" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/...lectValues.htm

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a
paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP