Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
charles thiesen charles thiesen is offline

Default size reduced

I just upgraded to Word 2003. When I open one file I've been working on
forever it's suddenly reduced in size in print view and printing out. That
is, the text on the page is reduced to about four/fifths the size and sits
in the top left corner of the paper.

I checked the print box and it's set for no scaling, so that shouldn't be
it. Any idea what's going on?

thanks,
- charles thiesen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
charles charles is offline

charles thiesen charles@nospam wrote in
:

I just upgraded to Word 2003. When I open one file I've been working
on forever it's suddenly reduced in size in print view and printing
out. That is, the text on the page is reduced to about four/fifths the
size and sits in the top left corner of the paper.

I checked the print box and it's set for no scaling, so that shouldn't
be it. Any idea what's going on?

thanks,
- charles thiesen

I've since tried a few other things, to no avail. I opened the file with
open and repair. I selected the whole file and in Font, Character Spacing
set Scale to 100%. I copied the text into a new document.

I also copied the first third of the file (it's 600 pages) into a new
document and the problem did not appear. But when I copy the first two
thirds it's there again.

help!

thanks,
- charles thiesen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
charles charles is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in news:uOmuh3p$GHA.3380
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

Do you have Track Changes enabled? If so, Word will be allowing space for
the "balloons" when you print from "Document Showing Markup" view.

Suzanne! You're everywhere! I can relax now.

Wait! There it is! Markup was selected on the View Menu. I should have
noticed that before, but I'm not used to the 2003 interface and that
outline that means an option is selected.

Whew! You've saved me again. (You saved my document headers, footers, and
pagination, on m.p.w.docmanagement the other day.)

Is there any way for me to express my satisfaction with your work? Someone
must be paying your salary.

Thanks again,
- charles

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
charles charles is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in news:#Yd5Q4r$GHA.4592
@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

No salary. We're all volunteers here. And I'm self-employed in my job.

You're a saint, then. Thanks again.

- charles