Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kazlou Kazlou is offline

Default How do I ongoing alter the Hyphenation zone for all my documents

I hate hyphens at the end of lines so in each document I do in Word,
Publisher etc, I manually change the Hyphenation zone to 5cm.
Is there a way for me to have this as part of the document defaults so it is
done for me every time I open a new document.
Also in Publisher, is there a way in an existing document to alter the zone
for the entire document, not just the current text box.
Thanks for your help.
kazlou
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Word, modify the hyphenation settings for your template. Open it as
a document and then choose Tools | Language | Hyphenation. In the
dialog box, you can change the "Hyphenation zone," but if you don't
want to use hyphenation, why not clear the option to "Automatically
hyphenate document"? When you are done, save the file.

For assistance with Publisher, you had better ask in a Publisher
newsgroup.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kazlou" wrote in message
I hate hyphens at the end of lines so in each document I do in Word,
Publisher etc, I manually change the Hyphenation zone to 5cm.
Is there a way for me to have this as part of the document defaults

so it is
done for me every time I open a new document.
Also in Publisher, is there a way in an existing document to alter

the zone
for the entire document, not just the current text box.
Thanks for your help.
kazlou

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

In Publisher, tools, options, edit tab...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/p...649111033.aspx