Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BPerry BPerry is offline

Default Section Breaks in Word 2007

I am currently working on large document with several different modules (or
chapters) in it. I end one module with a Section Break (next page) and then
begin the new module. If I start inserting text or a new module, the Section
Break (next page) is being changed to Section Break (continous). Does anyone
know what causes Word to change the Section Break, and is there a simple fix
to change the Section Bread (continuous) back to Section Break (next page).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Allan Bach Allan Bach is offline

I tried to duplicate your problem but cannot. Have you looked at your page
setup properties under the Page Layout tab, Page Setup Dialog box icon.
You'll find a Section start property listed in the Layout tab of the dialog
box that may be set to Continuous instead of New Page.

FYI - Normally new chapters are started on an Odd Page, so a section break
for Odd Page is usually used.
--
Allan