Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tom B Tom B is offline

Default Error Printing Linked documents

We have several word templates that have linked fields into another database.
The other database populates the linked fields fine. BUT as soon as we print
the document it moves everything over to the left hand margin in an
unreadable format on the printout and in print preview on the screen. This
issue occurs on multiple PC's and multiple different printers and drivers.
Mostly occurs in word 2007 any thoughts? We have tried recreating the
templates as well.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hello Tom

Tom B wrote:
We have several word templates that have linked fields into another database.

what kinds of fields? What does the field code look like exactly (toggle
Alt-F9 to switch between field codes and their "result" in your document).

The other database populates the linked fields fine. BUT as soon as we print
the document it moves everything over to the left hand margin in an
unreadable format on the printout and in print preview on the screen.

Do you print this on the system's default printer?

Word usually updates fields before printing -- could this be a result of
a field update? Are there unresolved Tracked Changes in this document?

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |