Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Report Post  

Default mail merge (word 2010) cuts off the text after 255 characters

hi

this is located in SHEET1 of the Workbook:

No.............................HEADER-A................................................. ........HEADER-B......................................
1..........cell with garbeld text (over 1000 characters).....................cell with garbeld text (over 1000 characters)....................
2..........................Title_of_Text-1................................................. .......Text-1.......................
3..........................Title_of_Text-2................................................. ........Text-2.......................
4..........................Title_of_Text-3................................................. .......Text-3.......................
5..........................Title_of_Text-4................................................. .......Text-3.......................

then there are 13 other sheets in between

then this is located in SHEET14:

FORMULA: =IF(B3="H",IFERROR(IFERROR(IF(SEARCH("Lie*",C3),'S HEET1'!$B$2),IF(SEARCH("Seh*",C3),'SHEET1)'!$B$3)) ,""),IF(B3="PS",IFERROR(IFERROR(IF(SEARCH("Lie*",C 3),'SHEET1'!$B$4),IF(SEARCH("Seh*",C3),'SHEET1'!$B $5)),""),""))

It works fine in excel: it takes the 4 different texts according to the condition of the formula and inserts it in another sheet

THE PROBLEM:

when i run a mail merge: the text appears cut off after 255 characters

pleas help
i've searched for an answer so much ...dont know what to do :-(