Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cogito Cogito is offline

Default The date in a merged word doc is US format source is UK format

I have created an access database with date fields in the UK format
dd/mm/yyyy. When I merge this data into a word document the date field is
shown in the US format mm/dd/yyyy. The regional settings are for the UK.

Please advise a solution.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Cogito,

You can fix this by adding a switch to the mergefield. To do this:
.. select the field and press Shift-F9. You should see something like {MERGEFIELD dbDate}
.. change this to {MERGEFIELD dbDate \@ DD/MM/YYYY}
.. press F9 to update the field
.. run your mailmerge

For more information on field formatting, see Word's help file

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Cogito" wrote in message ...
I have created an access database with date fields in the UK format
dd/mm/yyyy. When I merge this data into a word document the date field is
shown in the US format mm/dd/yyyy. The regional settings are for the UK.

Please advise a solution.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cogito Cogito is offline

Default The date in a merged word doc is US format source is UK forma

Macropod

Thank you for your reply. This solution worked. I am suprised that on a UK
spec pc. Is there a permanent fix?

Regards

"Cogito" wrote in message ...
I have created an access database with date fields in the UK format
dd/mm/yyyy. When I merge this data into a word document the date field is
shown in the US format mm/dd/yyyy. The regional settings are for the UK.

Please advise a solution.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That is the permanent fix. Word reads the raw data stored in Excel - See
also

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. (In Word
2007 it is Office Button Word Options Advanced General Confirm file
format conversion on open). Then when you attach the data source to the mail
merge main document, you will be given the option of using the DDE method of
connection which should read the data as you have it formatted in the table.

"Cogito" wrote in message
I have created an access database with date fields in the UK format
dd/mm/yyyy. When I merge this data into a word document the date
field is shown in the US format mm/dd/yyyy. The regional settings
are for the UK.

Please advise a solution.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cogito Cogito is offline

Graham

Thank you for your reply. Excellent

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

That is the permanent fix. Word reads the raw data stored in Excel - See
also

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab