Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jennifer Jennifer is offline

Default Font problem

Hi!

I've been trying to figure out how to fix this problem without any
luck.

I got a file from a client to work on. The file used a font I don't
have installed on my system, yet the text in the original file showed
up okay (= the font looked fine). Somewhere along the way, when I was
working with the file, the font looks/prints different. It says it's
the same font, but it doesn't look the same. How can I get it to
appear the way it did in the original file I received? Like I said, I
don't have that font actually installed on my system. The original
file is using a template I don't have installed on my computer
either.

Hope you understand what I mean. I know I'm not explaining myself very
well, and I apologise for that. BTW, I'm using Word XP.

Thanks
Jennifer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Jennifer,

You have four options:
1. obtain a (legit) copy of the font;
2. ask the document's creator to save it with the fonts embedded (an option under Tools|Options|Save) and send you a new copy
3. change your document to use another suitable font.
4. do nothing. This may be reasonable if the document is to go back to the creator.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Jennifer" wrote in message ...
[...]

font problem tryanGW Microsoft Word Help 2 January 12th 07 02:52 PM
Font Problem, TGEQA JC Home Formatting Long Documents 1 November 10th 06 08:02 PM
Font Problem Ady Mailmerge 2 July 14th 06 12:20 PM
font problem vagala Microsoft Word Help 1 February 11th 05 10:45 AM
Problem in Font swami Microsoft Word Help 0 January 31st 05 12:17 PM