Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ynez Ynez is offline

Default removing links in word 2003 on XP

Good Afternoon,
Can anyone tell what Control 6 does?
My group does publishing and we use a tool call UltraLink which allows us to
create links to other documents (word or pdfs). Sometimes if the link goes
to an incorrect document I was told that if I do a Control 6 and this will
delete the hyperlink and then I can create a new link but I am not convinced
that this is the correct way to remover the link.
Thanks for your time.
--
Ynez Dugan
Regulatory Operations
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alice Alice is offline

Ynez,

You can use the right-click function to access the hyperlinks too. When you
right-click on a hyperlink, there are several choices available, Remove
Hyperlink, Edit Hyperlink, etc. So you wouldn't have to remove it and then
recreate it, you could choose Edit Hyperlink from the right-click menu and
then insert (copy and paste) the correct url for the link. Not sure what
CTRL-6 would do; there are lists of keyboard shortcuts on microsoft.com
(search for "keyboard shortcuts"), but I have not come across CTRL-6. I
think it's just as easy (or easier) to use the right-click or context menu to
work with the hyperlinks.
--
Alice.