Dazzlin Dave

Default how do I open word document on Office 2000 from 2000 premium edi.

My son has a document saved on disk from Word Office 2000 premium edition.
At home we have Word Office 2000 (obviously not premium edition). How can we
access this file so he can finish his paper. Already tried to open on
wordpad and no luck...Please help
garfield-n-odie

The version of Word that comes with Office 2000 Premium is the same one
that comes with all other Office 2000 editions (Standard, Small
Business, etc.), so you should be able to open the file using Word on
both computers.

Dazzlin Dave wrote:

My son has a document saved on disk from Word Office 2000 premium edition.
At home we have Word Office 2000 (obviously not premium edition). How can we
access this file so he can finish his paper. Already tried to open on
wordpad and no luck...Please help

Jezebel

The only difference between Office 2000 and Office 2000 premium is the
additional Office components -- Word is identical in both.

Copy the file from the disk to your hard disk, then open it from there.

"Dazzlin Dave" Dazzlin wrote in message
My son has a document saved on disk from Word Office 2000 premium edition.
At home we have Word Office 2000 (obviously not premium edition). How can
we
access this file so he can finish his paper. Already tried to open on
wordpad and no luck...Please help

Graham Mayor

Never ever read from, write to or print from floppy with Word. This is the
most certain method of ensuring document corruption. Copy to the hard disc
and work on the document from there.