Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Siamak Sarmady Siamak Sarmady is offline

Default All hidden special tags are being seen with braces

Hello,

I recently installed a software called TRADOS and then ENDNOTE on my
Office 2007.

- Now I have come up with this strange problem. All hidden tags (like
page number, reference numbers of Endnote etc.) can be seen.

For example page numbers do not contain numbers and only a {page } is
seen in their place.

Endnote reference numbers (which should normally be seen like: [17] or
like that) are now seen like below one:

{ADDIN EN.CITE
EndNoteCiteAuthorStill/AuthorRecNum222/RecNumrecordrec-number222/rec-numberforeign-keyskey
app="EN"
db-id="f2xt2vdanrrp28ezvfhpvat8fefdwet52dwa"222/key/foreign-keysref-type
name="Web Page"12/ref-typecontributorsauthorsauthorG. Keith
Still/author/authors/contributorstitlestitleJamarat Bridge -
Accidents/title/titlesnumberJuly
2008/numberdates/datesurlsrelated-urlsurl
http://www.crowddynamics.com/Disasters/jamarat_bridge.htm/url/related-urls/urls/record/Cite/EndNote}

- I removed Trados (every product) and then run the Office 2007 repair
but it did not solve my problem.

Could someone please help me solve this problem?

Thanks,
Mac
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It's just that you have field codes turned on. To turn them off and see the
field results (if any), press Alt+F9.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Siamak Sarmady wrote:
[...]

braces in words chukey Microsoft Word Help 1 April 10th 08 10:03 AM
braces Kilroy2982 Microsoft Word Help 2 July 12th 06 12:17 PM
hidden special characters Alan Smithee Jr. New Users 11 January 29th 06 04:28 AM
How to "tag" words in Word ? (Hidden tags for searching) Will Microsoft Word Help 6 October 17th 05 05:35 AM
tc field codes, hidden text, takes up space even when hidden DJEB Microsoft Word Help 3 July 14th 05 12:39 PM