Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Heather Heather is offline

Default How do I print 3 x 5 index cards to study for tests?

I want to print 3x5 cards with information on both sides so I quiz myself
before a test. Anyone know how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hello Heather

Heather wrote:
I want to print 3x5 cards with information on both sides so I quiz myself
before a test. Anyone know how to do this?

there are a couple of different issues he

1. on the printer side of things, you want to establish on what format
of paper you are able to print with your printer (sometimes it's a lot
cheaper to print on a larger format and cut the results). Can the
printer print duplex directly or only manually?

2. the setup of the information in Word depends heavily on the format
(how many cards per page), and the amount of cards would either vouch
for a simple approach or a proper "database" driven one.

3. especially if the cards are for your own use only, I would personally
write the information directly on the cards themselves (you know, the
good old history approach of writing by hand :-)). You need a whole lot
of cards to be faster through Word considering all the stuff you have to
test and establish up front, and you might benefit from the writing
process more compared to typing (from a learning POV).

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |