Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GregNga GregNga is offline

Default Changing paragraph formatting of style

I changed the paragraph formatting of a style, HEADING 6, to 'keep with
next'. However, paragraphs that are based on HEADING 6 have not been changed
to 'keep with next'. When I look at the description of HEADING 6 on the
styles and formatting taskbar, it clearly shows that 'keep with next' is
active, but if I select a paragraph in my document that is based on HEADING 6
and select paragraph off the format menu, 'keep with next' is not specified.
I have even tried changing the paragraph to another style and then changing
it to HEADING 6, but it does not seem to "take"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GregNga GregNga is offline

When you make a change to a style shouldn't a paragraph the is defeined with
that style contain the change that was made to the style. It doesn't seem
logical to me to have to select the paragraph and apply the same change to
the paragrpah that you just made to the style when the paragraph is defined
by the style you just changed.

Maybe I am missing your question or maybe I don't understand styles

GregNga wrote:
I changed the paragraph formatting of a style, HEADING 6, to 'keep
with next'. However, paragraphs that are based on HEADING 6 have not
been changed to 'keep with next'. When I look at the description of
HEADING 6 on the styles and formatting taskbar, it clearly shows that
'keep with next' is active, but if I select a paragraph in my
document that is based on HEADING 6 and select paragraph off the
format menu, 'keep with next' is not specified. I have even tried
changing the paragraph to another style and then changing it to
HEADING 6, but it does not seem to "take"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you're describing, though, is not changed to the style itself but
changes to the styles based on it. I find that this can be very
unpredictable, but see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...esCascade.html