Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ben Ben is offline

Default Printing with no margins (footer)

Need some help printing a document with footers. When I go to print the
footers are printed with margins (side / bottom). What I like it to do is
print the footer the entire width of the page.

Word displays the footer the correct way,
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6...rdfinalol8.png

but when I go to print preview and printing, it displays incorrectly with
margins
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/50/prevfootko3.png
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:01:01 -0700, Ben wrote:

Need some help printing a document with footers. When I go to print the
footers are printed with margins (side / bottom). What I like it to do is
print the footer the entire width of the page.

Word displays the footer the correct way,
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6...rdfinalol8.png

but when I go to print preview and printing, it displays incorrectly with
margins
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/50/prevfootko3.png

This is forced by your printer. Unless you have a photo printer or something
like that, which can print all the way to the edge of the paper, you'll always
have an unprintable margin.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...sDontPrint.htm for details.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

"Ben" wrote in message
Need some help printing a document with footers. When I go to print the
footers are printed with margins (side / bottom). What I like it to do is
print the footer the entire width of the page.

Word displays the footer the correct way,
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6...rdfinalol8.png

but when I go to print preview and printing, it displays incorrectly with
margins
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/50/prevfootko3.png

1. For me, your links each provided only a blank page.

2. What version of Word?

3. In Word, are you using "Print layout" view"?
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ben Ben is offline

I've given this a try, but then it reformats (removes all margins) my entire
document and I don't like that.

I have a Brother DCP-110C

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:01:01 -0700, Ben wrote:

Need some help printing a document with footers. When I go to print the
footers are printed with margins (side / bottom). What I like it to do is
print the footer the entire width of the page.

Word displays the footer the correct way,
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6...rdfinalol8.png

but when I go to print preview and printing, it displays incorrectly with
margins
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/50/prevfootko3.png

This is forced by your printer. Unless you have a photo printer or something
like that, which can print all the way to the edge of the paper, you'll always
have an unprintable margin.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...sDontPrint.htm for details.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ben Ben is offline

You must have some type of content blocker on your system... images should
open. This is Office 2008 and Print Preview is the option that I'm aware of.

"Pat Garard" wrote:

"Ben" wrote in message
Need some help printing a document with footers. When I go to print the
footers are printed with margins (side / bottom). What I like it to do is
print the footer the entire width of the page.

Word displays the footer the correct way,
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6...rdfinalol8.png

but when I go to print preview and printing, it displays incorrectly with
margins
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/50/prevfootko3.png

1. For me, your links each provided only a blank page.

2. What version of Word?

3. In Word, are you using "Print layout" view"?
--
Regards,
Pat Garard
Melbourne, Australia
_______________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Instead of changing the margins, format the paragraphs in the footer so that
they have a negative right and left indent equal to the setting of the
margins.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote:

[...]

so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ben Ben is offline

I don't know where you got your MVP, but the images tell a lot about the
story in photographic detail.

"Pat Garard" wrote:

"Ben" wrote in message
Need some help printing a document with footers. When I go to print the
footers are printed with margins (side / bottom). What I like it to do
is
print the footer the entire width of the page.

Word displays the footer the correct way,
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6...rdfinalol8.png

but when I go to print preview and printing, it displays incorrectly
with
margins
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/50/prevfootko3.png

1. For me, your links each provided only a blank page.

2. What version of Word?

3. In Word, are you using "Print layout" view"?
--
Regards,
Pat Garard
Melbourne, Australia
_______________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ben Ben is offline

I misclicked the helpful comment... no this does not work and is not helpful.

You're failing to see the point here.... this is a FOOTER (a line of
information placed at the end of a page for purposes of identification), NOT
a paragraph, as I've been stating all along.

As detailed as it is in the images, the images state 'exactly' whats
happening when attempting to print to the printer.

Regardless, I've printed to an adobe pdf and it printed fine (as I noted in
the first photo, what it 'should' look like). However, when I go to PRINT TO
A PRINTER it displays (ie. the second image I provided). Both Word and Adobe
print exactly what it looks like in the second image.

I've figured the issue is with the printer itself and does not support
bleeding. So, I'll have to purchase one that does.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Jay told you what the problem was at the outset. The vast majority of
printer drivers do no support printing to the edge of the paper and those
that do often don't readily do so when printing from Word.
..
The PDF driver does not have such limitations.

wrote:

[...]

newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I'm certain Doug knows precisely what a Footer is, but the point you're
"missing" is that *all* [editable] text in a document is contained in a
paragraph, regardless of whether the paragraph is in a Header, a Footer, the
body text, a text box, a shape... wherever.

You may have not understood the suggestion but it is accurate & correct.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/27/08 4:08 AM, in article
, "Ben"

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Those who have looked at the screen shots will understand that part of the
confusion arises from the fact that we're not dealing with text here at all
but rather with shapes (colored blocks) at the bottom of the page
(presumably anchored to the footer). Jay's original reply addressed the
issue in question, which is that most printers can't print to the edge
regardless of how margins or indents are set.

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

With not a word in them. They do not even appear to be of the same thing.
One shows the bottom of a page with two shades of grey across it and the
other shows a black and orange border inside of which there is a band of two
shades of blue.

I don't know where you lost your manners if you ever had any.

--

"Pat Garard" wrote:

"Ben" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ben Ben is offline

Manners? I don't care for frauds or people that 'claim' to know what they are
speaking about and not know a damn thing... If you don't 'know' what the
solution is the don't make outrageous comments as you've previously stated.

If you knew anything about Office Word 2008 you would know explicitely that
Word shades out the footers while not editing. Also you'd know what the Print
Preview page looks like. The images speak for themselves.

"Pat Garard" wrote:

"Ben" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

FWIW, if this is Word 2008 (a Mac version, I take it?), then you may often
find better informed and more sympathetic replies at
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/communi...pid=newsgroups