Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MCheru MCheru is offline

Default Average Symbol

I've been looking for a while for the average/mean symbol which is an "X"
with a line over the top of it. To find it I went Insert/Symbols/ various
Subsets such as Mathematical Operators with various fonts, yet I have not
been able to locate the symbol. Do you know where I might be able to find
it? or could you tell me how to enter X so that I can get a line to go over
it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...Characters.htm. You may be able to
use the macro (Unicode 0304) or the overbar (Unicode 0305) from the Combining
Diacritical Marks section with the X, but in many fonts the characters don't
align properly. The overstrike field works, but it's cumbersome.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman