Kenzo

Default Copying tracked changes

Is there a way to copy text, including tracked changes, from one document to
another. I have tried turning on "track changes" in the new doc, then
pasting text from the old, but then all pasted text is treated as "changes."
I have also tried leaving track changes off in the new doc. and when text
from host doc (including tracked changes) is pasted into new doc. all text is
standard (no changes tracked).
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?S2Vuem8=?=,

Is there a way to copy text, including tracked changes, from one document to
another. I have tried turning on "track changes" in the new doc, then
pasting text from the old, but then all pasted text is treated as "changes."
I have also tried leaving track changes off in the new doc. and when text
from host doc (including tracked changes) is pasted into new doc. all text is
standard (no changes tracked).

Make sure change tracking is OFF in both documents, then copy/paste. (Or that
it's ON in the source document; I can never remember which it should be, but it
does work.)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org