Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MS MS is offline

Default fitting text onto one page

I have to admit that I used WordPerfect till a couple of years ago. There
was a tool that was called "Make It Fit," where, if your text covered just a
little more than one page, you could have the text automatically adjusted to
fit on one page. It was a pretty handy thing.

Is there a way to do this in Word 2008?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MS MS is offline

Thank you for this information. However, I have a MacBook and am using
Office 2008.
I read your article and then looked at page setup or print preview, and I
still couldn't found the "shrink to fit" or the other option that was
mentioned.

"ms" wrote:

I have to admit that I used WordPerfect till a couple of years ago. There
was a tool that was called "Make It Fit," where, if your text covered just a
little more than one page, you could have the text automatically adjusted to
fit on one page. It was a pretty handy thing.

Is there a way to do this in Word 2008?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

When you post in these NGs, be aware that they are mostly Windows-oriented.
For Mac-specific questions, see
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/communi...pid=newsgroups

I'm not sure what you mean by "the other option that was mentioned," since
there are half a dozen other areas in which suggestions were made.

http://word.mvps.org

news

"ms" wrote:

I have to admit that I used WordPerfect till a couple of years ago.
There
was a tool that was called "Make It Fit," where, if your text covered
just a
little more than one page, you could have the text automatically adjusted
fit on one page. It was a pretty handy thing.

Is there a way to do this in Word 2008?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

In Print Preview's toolbar there is a Shrink to Fit button just to the right
of the button that toggles the Ruler on/off.

Also, in the Print dialog you can open the Copies & Pages list, select
"Paper Handling", then check the box for "Scale to fit".

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/3/09 5:09 PM, in article